Saturday, June 25, 2011

Happy Father's Day!

To My Best Friend and the Father of my Children:

I am amazed as I watch our boys.  It is almost comical to watch Caleb imitate you and Noah imitate Caleb.  They are both absolutely crazy about you.  They have such a special bond with you and anxiously await your arrival each evening.  And most of all, they love to wrestle with you.  Even though it makes me nervous to the point where I sometimes have to leave the room, I know they are in safe hands with you and are having a blast!

I thank God for you each day, not just because I am head-over-heels for you or that you are super-handsome.  Or even that you treat me way better than I deserve to be treated most of the time (all things I am of course also thankful for).  I thank God for the example you are in our boy's lives.

Through your example, they see compassion.  They see servant leadership.  They see integrity.  They see love put into action.  Through your example, they see Christ.

Although we are both imperfect and have individual struggles, you are the perfect father to our children.  You've got it right...you point them to our Heavenly Father in the way that you live each day.

You refuse to stand on the sidelines and watch our boys grow.  You are crazy in love with them.  You are with us every single second you are not working or traveling.  You make them (and me) your utmost priority.  I have yet to meet a man with so much integrity and compassion as you!

So today I want to honor the amazing Daddy you are to our boys.  Nothing is more important in this life than pointing our children towards Christ.  Thank you for striving to be more like Him each and every day...



I am equally as blessed to have been raised by parents who pointed me and my siblings to Christ.  My dad is an amazing man of God who has one of the most compassionate hearts of anyone I know.  He instilled in me a love for missions through his passion for the people of Zimbabwe. 


My dad and me in Zimbabwe in 2005 (my fourth trip...probably about his 18th).  He forgot his razor.  :)


Happy Father's Day!

No comments: