For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well...All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be." Psalm 139: 1-4, 13-16
Since I found out I was pregnant with Caleb, this psalm has been my absolute favorite. Actually, part of this verse (I am fearfully and wonderfully made) is on the wall in his room, right below the letters spelling his name. Life is truly a miracle. I am still amazed each and every day that I look at my precious boy. Only God could create such sweet, innocent beings as babies. At times in this adventure of parenting I feel totally out of control, especially when I was pregnant. I can do everything in my power to keep Caleb safe and free from harm, but beyond that God has to do the rest. I believe that becoming a mother has taught me great lessons in putting my faith in God.
On the lighter side, Caleb is changing so much! He is crawling and pulling up. Forget the toys, this boy just wants to stand for minutes on end. He is so smiley and greets everyone he meets with a big two-teethed smile. :) He is also starting to display his ornery side, which I am just sure he gets from his Daddy (just kidding, Kevin). :) He is testing us...right now with touching outlets and wires. We have covered all the outlets, so they aren't dangerous...but everywhere we go won't have outlet covers, so we are trying to teach him not to touch them, covered or not. It is interesting to see his little personality unfold. He is such a joy! He also signed "more" for the first time today! We have been working on this for months and I was starting to think it was hopeless...but I am so excited to teach him new signs now!
I hope this post finds all of you well. We are flattered that you would take time out of your busy lives to catch up on ours. Thank you!!!



2 comments:
I love it!!! Keep them coming Jenae. I can't believe I am the first to post. You both are wonderful parents and I thank God everyday that you all are in my life. Thank you so much for being there for me in the past couple of weeks...it really meant a lot. A lot of people say they will be there but to few actually follow through. You guys took time out of your busy schedule to help me when I needed it most and I will never forget it. I love you and your family so much. Give that sweet baby a kiss from his aunty. Love, Aunt Crystal
Thanks for sharing your blog, it is so much fun to see the pictures!
Post a Comment