Kevin and I were able to have a date night tonight (thanks Dean and Donna for watching Caleb). We went to the gourmet restaurant, Planet Sub, to Freddie's to get a Pumpkin Pie Concrete, and then to see the movie Fireproof. Kevin is actually helping me write this post because we were both so touched by this movie. It is created from the same people who made Facing the Giants, with Kirk Cameron (from Growing Pains) playing the lead role. He plays a firefighter named Caleb (love the name) who is facing a troubled time in his marriage. Attempting to help his son, Caleb's dad gives him the "Love Dare" and challenges him to try this dare for 40 days before he calls it quits on his marriage. I don't want to give anything else away because I think that EVERYONE should see this movie (married, unmarried, male, or female). We were both so encouraged by it. I think that the work that the Sherwood Baptist Church in Georgia (who made the movie for under $500,000 and didn't pay any of its actors) is doing to the movie industry is nothing short of God-breathed. With Facing the Giants, once we got over the terrible acting, the movie had such a great message. In this movie, the acting was much better and it was very funny in parts. Most of all, it has encouraged us to show self-sacrificial love to our spouse. The song at the end of the movie had the lyrics "love is not a fight, but it's worth fighting for." The two main things that both Kevin and I got out of this movie is that (1) it is difficult for a marriage to work if both people aren't centered on growing closer to God and (2) marriage takes self-sacrifice sometimes. Go see this movie, you will so encouraged to show your spouse the love that Christ shows us!!!
On another note, we have already had a busy weekend. Kevin took the day off (just for fun) and we went to Exploration Place with Uncle Chris (pictures coming soon...we had to use the old 35mm since our camera was out of batteries) and tomorrow we are going to the Pumpkin Patch. :)
Friday, October 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
I have been wanting to see this movie since I saw an interview with Kirk Cameron on the Today show a few weeks back. THey showed the preview and It looked great. I guess in the movie Kirk kisses the actress that plays his wife but since he has a rule that he will not kiss anyone but his wife they had his wife stand-in and then they super imposed the other lady in I guess? Pretty cool I thought! My friend Kesa, who is seperated from her husband went and saw this movie and said it completely changed her outlook on her marriage. I am looking forward to seeing it. Maybe I can talk my parents into watching our three monsters and Brent and I can go. :)
Post a Comment