Caleb had a great birthday, celebrating with lots of family! We went to church on Sunday, out to lunch, and then came home to put him down for a nap. Of course, on the day that I needed him to he didn't want to go to sleep. He talked to himself in his bed for 1 1/2 hours before finally falling asleep. He only got to sleep for less than an hour before we had to get him up for his party. We had both of our families over for pizza, cake, and presents. :) Caleb wasn't too interested in his cake...I think he was still tired and his teeth were bothering him. Oh well...I'm sure he'll like his cake more next year!
Since the party extravaganza, he was sick AGAIN with a high-fever (which we eventually determined was a sinus infection). He had blood drawn 4 times last week, 3 shots of antibiotics, a throat swab, and a nose swab. I'm thinking he's not going to want to visit Papa and work anymore! :) Last Thursday he started feeling better and has been doing great ever since.
It is amazing how much his vocabulary has increased in the last week or two. I told Kevin last week that I felt like he was learning a new word everyday. His favorite things to say now are "hot" (which he says in a whisper while dipping his chin to his chest), "peas" (please..again in a whisper), and bottle (which he says with amazing clarity). This one breaks my heart because we are trying to get him to drink out of a sippy cup. This morning when he got up and I was giving him breakfast, he just kept saying "bottle, bottle". I am hoping that by doing it now it will be an easier transition than when he is older and even more attached to it. When you ask him what a sheep says, he'll say "baa" and a cow says"boo" (he has a hard time with the /m/ sound). Also, he says "blue" but thinks that everything is blue. We're working on other colors. :) He's taking several steps, but it is on his timetable. He is still much more comfortable crawling. When he does try to walk, he doesn't really wait to get his balance, he just takes off.
Sorry to bore you with my baby's milestones...this info is more for my benefit later down the road than anything. :)
On a more somber note, please be praying for a precious little girl named Cora. I worked with Jess (Cora's mom) at Eddie Bauer Home in college and through her got to know another dear friend who made my days at WSU so very enjoyable. Cora is 10 months old and was just diagnosed with cancer. She recently underwent surgery and will be starting chemotherapy in the next week. Please pray for her parents and that God will heal this precious little girl!



No comments:
Post a Comment