One-year old…how can it be?Time swept past like a shooting star.
My baby boy is growing up,
Twelve months just seemed so far.
Your precious smile brightens my day,
Cuddles and kisses mark the night.
With your sweet little voice saying “Peas”
And your occasional strong-willed fight.
Your laugh brings joy to the day
Like golden rays of sun.
Your wobbly steps are still very few
Because crawling is much too fun!
The strawberry locks on your head
Frame your angelic face.
Your blue eyes twinkle oh so bright
Freezing time and space.
You love to talk and ramble on
You have so much to say
You get so excited to take a bath
This age I wish you could stay.
Your daddy and I love you so much
This stage we will surely miss
Even when you’ve grown taller than me
I will be here with a hug & a kiss!
I ask that God would equip us
To raise you strong and true
With a name that means “faithful & bold”
I know it is fitting for you.
As you grow, just remember this
Love God, be a servant to all.
Far after your grown and on your own
To my knees I will continue to fall.



No comments:
Post a Comment