Monday, April 27, 2009

Running Weekend

This weekend we went to Oklahoma City for the Memorial Marathon. Kevin participated in the marathon relay (the 8-point something leg) with 4 other friends. Unfortunately, I didn't get to see him run because Caleb had a really rough night at the hotel. He woke up at 3 a.m. wide-awake. He wasn't crying, just calling out different names. For four hours we tried to get him down and he absolutely refused. Finally, at 7 am he fell back asleep (we were supposed to leave for the race at 7:15). Kevin went on without us and I fell back asleep as well, hoping we could both sleep for a few hours. Sure enough, 30 minutes later the hotel calls us and wakes Caleb up (it turned out to be that they called the wrong room anyway). The weird thing is he NEVER wakes up at night. Kevin and I even said that we don't think he slept that terribly his very first night after being born. Oh well...he slept all the way home in the car and went to sleep early on Sunday night. He is running a bit of a fever, but I think that might be from teething (either that or a virus, we aren't sure). Besides Kevin running, I spent much of my time chasing Caleb, who enjoyed running in the halls of the hotel. :)

Unfortunately, we have no pictures to document our interesting weekend. I took our camera, expecting to take pictures of Kevin running. I think some friends might have taken some pictures, so hopefully we can get some from them!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Hey Jenae! If you're ever in town again, Caleb should come play with Cooper (Cooper is just a few weeks younger then Caleb) I bet they would've had a blast! We were running at the marathon too, Cooper was not to happy after I finished waiting for his dad!