Wednesday, January 13, 2010

"Shut duh doe"

We are officially in the throws of potty training...not necessarily by choice. I was planning on waiting a while, until the stress of adjusting to having a newborn and very active toddler had subsided considerably. But late last week, Caleb began consistently telling me when he needed to go to the bathroom and he was so excited when he went...I mean REALLY excited. We didn't want to put a damper on his enthusiasm, so we went with it and started putting him in underwear. He has done amazingly well and we have only had a handful of accidents. He likes his privacy, though, and will say "shut duh doe" when he is going potty. I'm sure this new adventure will have its shares of ups and downs and he may even lose interest all together for a while and we'll be back in diapers, but we are enjoying his enthusiasm even if it takes more time and effort. :)

1 comment:

HansonTriplets said...

Such a cute picture!!! I LOVE IT!