Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Snow Day!

Monday was a snow day here. Even though I am no longer a student nor a teacher and snow days in no way affect our lives, I still find myself excited that school is cancelled. Maybe it's because snow day festivities are some of the fondest memories I have from my childhood...

In honor of the snow day, Caleb and I went outside for a *very* short time while Noah was asleep. The wind was terribly blustery and Caleb's cheeks were bright red after about 3 minutes outside, but we had fun nonetheless.
Every time we had any accumulation of snow growing up, my mom would help us make snow ice cream. All you need for snow ice cream is snow (of course), milk, vanilla, sugar, and food coloring (if you choose--we opted out of that since I would like to keep my carpets their natural color). :) You just add a little milk until the consistency is right (not too runny since the snow melts fast), then about 2 T. sugar and a teaspoon of vanilla. This was the first time Caleb would actually try the snow ice cream and he LOVED it (as did I). I look forward to passing along this fun tradition to my kiddos like my mom did with us!


And here's what Noah thought of it all...he's got to be the most easy-going baby ever!

No comments: