Wednesday, July 14, 2010

growing up

It seems as though our boys have grown up overnight! 

Noah is MOBILE now--and he is both fast and curious, a bad combination.  And he's got that orange tint to his skin, just like Caleb had, from all the carotene in his food!  And he has a full head of hair! 


Caleb is Mr. Communicator and loves to talk.  He is starting to talk like a grown-up and it is hilarious.  The other day I told him what we were doing next during the day and he said, "That's a good plan."  I didn't realize I even said that phrase until he said it back to me!  And now when I do games and activities with him, he will say "now...." like wanting to know what we're doing next.  The kids loves to be entertained...so we're working on "independent" time.  :)



Another word that has been added to Caleb's vocabulary is the defiant "no."  Yes, he has known how to say "no" for a while (and even got it confused with "yes" there for a while), but he has never used the word against us.  Until yesterday, that is.  I'm not really sure what to do about that...send him to his room for time-out, ignore him?  Overall, he is a sweet, compliant boy who loves life.

And it's been almost 1 whole week accident-free.  Yippeee!

I couldn't ask for more...

1 comment:

Kate said...

YAY Caleb!! That is a major accomplishment! I had to laugh b/c BOTH of my boys turned orange...well, Logan still is! :)