On July 24th, we celebrated our 6th wedding anniversary and one week later was Kevin's 28th birthday. It's hard to believe sometimes that I actually married my biggest crush! I was so silly and smitten back in high school when even a glance from Kevin would make me blush. I don't think I hid my affections very well, but I guess that's okay seeing how it all turned out!
In all seriousness, I cannot imagine spending my life with a more loving, honorable and God-seeking man. Where I am a major worrier, Kevin doesn't waste his thoughts or energy wondering about what could happen. Where I can sometimes get stressed out easily, Kevin almost always remains calm and collected. Where I can often be selfish, Kevin seems to always be thinking of others. He truly balances me and makes me a better person. And he is an incredible father! I love seeing the outpouring of love he has for our boys...even if I think he's a little rough sometimes. :)
To celebrate, each of the kids got the spend an evening with the grandparents. We went to KC for the day and shopped, came that evening to go out to eat, a late movie, and sleep in the next morning in our own bed. :) It was just what we needed and we are so thankful to both sets of grandparents for this gift!
Here are a couple pictures from our hot date. I guess this is what you get when you ask someone to take your picture...
And here is one we took ourselves:



No comments:
Post a Comment