Thursday, October 21, 2010

Noah ~ 11 months

I don't even want to write this post...

Because it means that the next post will be Noah's first birthday.  This year has flown by!  In the past year I have had so much joy, stress, anxiety, and happiness all at once...but I feel like I haven't enjoyed my boys like I should.  I haven't been as patient as I want need to be.  I haven't laughed as much as I should.  I haven't been as joyful as I would like to be.  I've let little things get me down and stressed over nearly everything.  I would really like a do-over.  Can we just please rewind time...even a little bit?

(Now off my pity party and back to Mr. Noah)


Noah is into EV-ER-Y-THING!  I honestly cannot turn my back on these two! 

He has the most beautiful dark blue eyes.  I keep thinking they're going to get lighter, but they don't.  I love them!  And he's got really long hair a baby his age...he's working on a mullet in the back.  :)  We're not ready to cut it, though, he's just too little!


He also now has 5 teeth and working on a 6th...they all came in at once.  He's was really sick last week (white count of 25,000, which normally is around 5,000-10,000).

He is such a happy baby!  He loves the church cradle roll class and going to Bible Study Fellowship.  We are always told how happy and interactive he is (he takes after his big brother on this one).



Noah doesn't like to be told "no" or to have things take away from him (especially from me...he is surprisingly tolerant when Caleb takes something away). 

He still likes his food completely pureed.  I'm not really sure what to do about this.  He refuses to eat anything "chunky" (unless, of course, it is tiny bites of french fries that Lola gives him). 

He is finally starting to enjoy being read to!  I was starting to think that he was boycotting books all together.  Now he let's me read him one, maybe two, at a time.  Then he's done.  I'll take what I can get.

Noah brings us SO much joy and it has been so fun to watch the boys begin playing together.  Let's hope Noah can lovingly tolerate Caleb's "mothering" for the next eighteen years.  :)

2 comments:

Marc, Sarah, Luke, and Kate said...

You don't know me, but I have left a comment before. And, I'm originally from Andover :) Anyways, our son, Luke had a very difficult time switching from pureed foods to chunky foods...I really couldn't find any resources to help me. It seems as if every mom would tell me, "That's weird" -- which wasn't helpful AT ALL...My advice to you with this "issue" is to keep trying different things (duh)...What finally made "chunky" foods taste O.K. to Luke was a Nutri-Grain bar. After he ate that and liked it, it's been better. However, he's two years and two months today, and he is picky. He doesn't like certain textures. It's still a work in progress, but I figure, if that's the main problem I have with him right now, then I can handle that. It's such a minor thing in comparison to other problems. And, I also remember -- he won't starve himself. There's always something he will take.

Kate said...

Oh Jenae....your first paragraph is me. Word.for.word. Time has slipped by too quickly and I feel like I didn't enjoy it enough. Like I get stuck on the small stresses (potty training for example!) and forget to just BE with my kids and cherish every moment......*sigh* If you figure this out....let me know!