Sunday, January 30, 2011

Bi-ble

Noah is a man of few words.  I chalk it up to being the sibling proceeding a child who does.not.stop.talking.ever (I'll give you one guess who that is!).  He is okay with not saying much.  And we are too. 

It's really hard not to compare...especially since they are both boys.  But I haven't cracked open Caleb's baby book since Noah was born in order to rid myself of that temptation.  But still...I remember by 14 months, Caleb was saying about 10 words or so.  Not Noah.  He says "Uh-oh" and that's about it.  Noah, however, is such a steady walker.  I think he is almost steadier than Caleb is now (the child inherited my lack of grace).  They both have their different strengths and I am so thankful for that!



Today was a special day for Noah, though...2 new words in one day!  This morning, when leaving the nursery at church, he said, "Bye, bye" as clear as day.  And then tonight as I was putting him to bed and reading him his Bible story, he said "Bi-ble" with the cutest little twang I've ever heard.  It was absolutely precious. 

The only problem is...he is a stubborn child (which I can most assuredly tell you he didn't get from me) and won't repeat the words unless he wants to.

Oh well, we'll take what we can get! 

PS-He got a haircut this week.  Like the forgetful mother that I am, I forgot the camera for his first "official" haircut.  But it's really cute.  Much cuter than the crazy hair in the picture above.  :)

No comments: