Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Highlights from Orlando

We're back and had a wonderful time! The weather was perfect, the attractions were exhausting, and Caleb was an excellent traveler! Here are some of our favorite memories...

Disney World
I have never been to Disney World, so I was just as enthralled as Caleb!

Here we are meeting Mickey and Minnie...Caleb's favorite was Minnie. He is such a ladies man!


Taking it all in on top of Daddy's shoulders

Caleb's favorite ride was the carousel. He enjoyed the satisfaction of saying "neigh" the entire time he was on the ride! We went on this carousel at least twice.

We went on the Mad Tea Party ride and I just about had a panic attack right when we sat down. I am not very good on "spinning" rides...in fact, I throw up! So, when we first got on, I couldn't figure out how to make our teacup not spin and literally started freaking out. Kevin then informed me that if you want it to spin, you have to spin it yourself, otherwise it won't spin. Whew...no vomiting spells on this ride!


Here we are on Dumbo!
Caleb was completely exhausted after a day at Disney World (and so were we)!
At Downtown Disney...in front of Nessie made entirely of Legos and in the actual pond.

Caleb really liked one of the workers here!

Sea World

At Sea World, waiting to see the Shamu Show...we were all in awe at this incredible show!


Caleb enjoying Shamu!


In the Shark exhibit at Sea World. This was towards the end of the day and Caleb was SO tired!
Our Resort
At the Water park at our resort.


Caleb's first water slide.


Caleb LOVED to water. In fact, he is mad in this picture because Kevin made him get out. Unfortunately, the water in the kids park was FREEZING and his lips were seriously purple.


On the balcony of our villa...our hotel was SO nice!

At the NHC awards banquet
We had a great time, but it is back to real life now. Today is the first day that I have tried to put Caleb down for a nap without his paci...it has been very traumatic for both of us. Hopefully the next few days will be a little easier!

4 comments:

Kristen Baird said...

I love your pics Jenae, it looks like you guys had so much fun!!! I'm glad you're back now, and you look beautiful (I love your green dress!)!

The Boccias said...

HOW MUCH FUN does that trip look? All your pics made me smile. Until I got to the end and then I cringed. ;) No pacifier...ack!! But Caleb (to me) seems like an easygoing, happy kiddo and hopefully he will do much better after just a few days. Good for you for doing this earlier than we did! :) It's been 3 weeks for Sophie not having her pacifiers and she is still sleeping much less and having a hard time going down NICELY for naps. By the way, we started going to the 2/3s storytime at the library so I don't know if we'll really see you anymore. Maybe some swimming this summer?

HansonTriplets said...

I love the picture of you and my brother at the end. It looks like you guys had a wonderful time. I can't wait to see the rest of the pictures. Good luck with the no paci thing. I will try to call you soon so we can chat. If the weather is nice on Saturday we might try the zoo. I will call you.

Julie said...

This looks like such a memorable trip! I'm so glad Caleb was a good little traveler. It was so fun to see his excitement through the pictures. :-)