Friday, May 15, 2009

Constant Motion

Apparently I need to adjust the setting on my camera to "sport" for every photograph...he is in constant motion all the time! The only time that he isn't moving is when he snuggles up in our laps to read a book. Oh, and the days of letting us rock him before & after naps are already a memory. :( It reminds me of the picture book "Let Me Hold You Longer" by Karen Kingsbury. If you have a little boy, this one ranks right up there with "Love You Forever." Here is the first few pages:

"Long ago you came to me, a miracle of firsts:
First smiles, first teeth, first baby steps,
a sunbeam on the burst.
But one day you will move away
And leave to me your past,
And I will be left thinking of
A lifetime of your lasts...
The last time that I held a bottle
To your baby lips.
The last time that I lifted you
And held you on my hip.
The last night when you woke up crying
Needing to be walked.
When last you crawled up with your blanket
Wanting to be rocked.
The last time when you ran to me,
Still small enough to hold.
The last time that you'd marry me
When you grew old.
Precious, simple moments,
bright flashes from your past.
Would I have held on longer
If I'd known they were your last?"
Yes, I know you must be thinking, "What's with all the sappy stuff lately?" All I can say is that it must be the pregnancy hormones...

1 comment:

The Boccias said...

Ha ha, I'm right with you on sappiness/emotions! Last night Nathan and I went to Barnes and Noble and I started looking through a book they had out on a Father's Day display. I think it was called "Why a Daughter Needs a Daddy." Anyway, it just had sweet photographs and simple lines like "A daughter needs a daddy to know what it's like to be someone's favorite" and "A daughter needs a daddy to carry her just because she wants to be carried." Tears were streaming down my face and I said to Nathan, "Get me out of here!" It's OK...we really can't quite control it. :)