So, a couple months ago I made out this "
ginormous" (as Buddy the Elf would say) list of things that I want to get done by the time Baby #2 arrives. Well, here is my progress so far...
-
Organize my maternity clothes! I am almost to the point where I am needing to wear these, but can still fit into my pre-pregnancy clothes. -
Wean Caleb from his nighttime bottle (Kevin has made me promise not to do this until after Father's Day. He is the one who gives him his bottle at night and it is Kevin, not Caleb, who is more attached to this time) -Work on making my discipline more consistent.
This is an ongoing area for improvement on my part!-
Move Caleb into his new room/bed. We have to wait to find out what we are having before we know exactly what the arrangement will be, but once we know that is the next step. We have moved Caleb into his new room for nap time, not yet at night (mostly because Mommy and Daddy are being too sentimental...we expect to switch over completely in the next few weeks). Caleb LOVES his new room and is so proud to show it to other people!-I'm not planning on even thinking about potty-training Caleb until he's two, but if some reason he suddenly shows interest and readiness, read up on best strategies.
We did buy a potty chair and it has been pottied in once. Once is better than none at all, though!-
Prepare the new baby's room. Since Noah is another boy, we are leaving the nursery the same (just changing the name on the wall).
-Put together "Thank You" folder with pens, cards, & stamps to make organization of "thank-you's" more seamless.
-
Plan made for care of Caleb during and after the birth of the new baby -
Stock up on two month's worth of diapers (preferably at an AMAZING sale)-
Get and wrap gift(s) to give Caleb after the baby is born. Any great ideas??? I purchased some puzzles and a Color Wonder marker set for Noah to "give" Caleb after he is born. I am killing two birds with one stone because these will also be used as activities he can do independently while I nurse the baby.-Create "activity bags" of independent activities Caleb can do while I am nursing.
I am still working on this but will post more about it later.-Teach Caleb what he is to do with the bags (in teacher language this is called guided practice...when he does it by himself, that is independent practice). :)
-
Clean out all clutter in our house and unnecessary items that we are storing. Take items to either Goodwill or the warehouse for Nhowe Mission.-A month or two before my due date, start preparing "extra" meals to keep in the freezer.
I will start doing this very soon!-Most importantly, enjoy this precious time that I have with Caleb. I am so enjoying my time with just Caleb right now. We can't wait to welcome Noah into the family, but for now we are enjoying the funny things Caleb does and says!
I have pictures of Caleb's "big boy" room to post and more info on the activity bags while I'm nursing. Stay tuned!
2 comments:
ooh! Janae, I'd love info on the activity bags.....you are so organized! I'm totally impressed!
I'm excited to see the new room pics and hear what you did for the activity bags. I can't believe you can say you're due next month! Lucky you! :)
Post a Comment