Saturday, April 24, 2010

answered prayer

The day before we moved into our new house, we received a contract on ours! God's timing was perfect and he definitely answered our prayer! I think He knew better than us...He knew we needed some extra time to move all of our stuff with two young children. He knew that we needed to have a few days after we closed on the new house before we moved in--to get rid of the two little mice who took up residence in our laundry room and bathroom (yes ewww...completely disgusting...we think they came through the dryer once the previous owners removed their dryer). He knew we could finally enjoy getting moved over without having to worry about our house selling. He just knew!

I think of so many times in my life when I pray and pray for a certain situation and then refuse to acknowledge God's divine hand once those prayers have been answered...or maybe I just forget to properly thank Him. I think of the time when I was pregnant with Noah when we thought there might be something wrong with his heart. I fervently prayed for days. Yet when we found out that he was fine, I didn't properly thank God for answering my prayers.

I'll admit I have been discouraged in the past with what seemed like unanswered prayers. I remember praying endlessly for the healing of two precious baby girls--Harper and Cora--and yet God decided to call them both home to be with Him. I will never understand this--yet I know that God will never allow something so tragic without ultimately bringing some good for His purpose (Romans 8:28). Thousands of lives have been touched through the faith and testimonies of the parents of these two sweet girls.


So right now I am thanking God for answering this small and somewhat trivial prayer...and for this amazing view from my kitchen window:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

just discovered your blog! luv it Jenae! especially luv pics like this!