If you have been around my oldest at all in the last few months, you probably already know what his obsession is...Veggie Tales. After attempting to shelter Caleb from television for the first almost 2 years of his life (besides an occasional Wiggles video), he has formed a *somewhat* unhealthy obsession to Bob, Larry, and the rest of the gang. He had never seen VT 3 months ago (I thought they were a little old for him), but my brother got him some Veggie Tales board books for Christmas and he loved them. We had a Veggie Tales video hand-me-down lying around so we put it on one day and he has been hooked ever since. 
I guess there are worse things he could be obsessed with...and I can actually type this post because of *Veggie Tales*.
I *try* to limit his television watching to 1 show in the morning, but Caleb normally attempts to take matters into his own hands. He has figured out how to turn on the television in our bedroom and push play all on his own. He has never been shown how to do this...he is SERIOUSLY motivated. He doesn't really like to watch other shows--just Veggie Tales!
I witnessed the most adorable thing yesterday. Noah was crying and Caleb went to comfort him. Caleb started telling him about Goliath the giant pickle who is THIS BIG. Noah appreciated Caleb's storytelling and calmed right down...and my heart was happy that he is actually comprehending these Bible stories. :)
I guess there are worse things he could be obsessed with...and I can actually type this post because of *Veggie Tales*.



No comments:
Post a Comment