Caleb is hardly ever sick, but he hasn't been feeling so good the last few days. He won't drink his bottles and he has become the PICKIEST eater (we used to call him our garbage disposal because he would eat ANYTHING). Needless to say, my stomach has held up better cleaning up his accidents than I previously would have given it credit for (you do what you gotta do as a mom). I am trying anything and everything to make sure he gets enough fluids. I even went to Sonic today and got him an Apple Juice slush (okay...I admit it was partly an excuse to get myself a Dr. Pepper). :) He really seemed to like that (probably because it is PACKED with sugar) and even drank out of a straw, which I didn't know he could do! I must have been really desperate...coming from someone who gives her child almost no sugar and dilutes his regular apple juice 4 parts water to 1 part juice! I love his resiliency though...one minute he will just act like he doesn't feel good at all and the next minute he will be ready to play. The next two pictures were taken within a few seconds of eachother. I really really really hate that I don't know what's wrong with him...it makes me feel so helpless. I just hope my baby gets to feeling better soon!


Here is a picture of Caleb with his first Christmas tree...it is in his room! His LoLo got it for him and it has ornaments of the nativity story on it. So cute!
1 comment:
I am so sorry baby Caleb is not feeling well. It is so stressful when they won't eat and you are worried they are not getting any nutrition at all. I feel for you, I know how stressful it is. Emma got so bad I almost wanted to cry at feeding times because her brothers would down anything I gave them and she would barely take two bites the whole time. When I talked to the doctor when Evan was so sick and wouldn't eat anything they told me to see if he would take Pedialite. (sp?) They have different flavors. My kiddos are fighting something as well but they got the sinergist shots so it probably is not as bad as it would be if they wouldn't have that. Hang in there. Give him a kiss from me and tell him we said to feel better. If there is anything we can do let me know.
Post a Comment