Yesterday we put up our Christmas tree! I know what you might be thinking...it is December 23rd and you JUST put your tree up? Yes, well I can explain. We decided to get a real, live Christmas tree this year that we will plant after we have used it in the house. To keep it from getting dried out, they say you are only supposed to leave a tree inside for 3-5 days, hence putting it up so late. It actually works out pretty well...only a couple days of telling Caleb that the tree is off limits (although he hasn't really been all that interested in it anyway). As you can see, our tree is very unique and Kevin and I agree that it is our favorite tree ever. It is imperfect...just like us and it reminds me of one of my favorite Christmas picture books called Why Christmas Trees Aren't Perfect. If you haven't ever read this book, you need to! It is so good!!! Anyway, we are enjoying our new tradition and are praying that our tree will make it after it has served its purpose indoors. :) We are planning on doing this each year that we have a child (for their first Christmases)...then it will be a reminder in our yard for years to come!
I hope each of you have a very Merry Christmas! When I was pregnant last year during Christmastime, I felt a special connection to Mary and the Christmas story because I understand what it was like to carry a child. This year as I look into the face of my precious boy, I can understand how much God loved his son and how proud He was of him. I hope to find a moment this Christmas to pause and reflect on the amazing birth of our Savior! Merry Christmas!!!
"Caleb...that's off limits" (as I said for the 10th time)



2 comments:
What a sweet post! I love your idea of planting the Christmas tree each year you have a child. Very special!
Caleb always looks so happy and is just darling in every picture. Merry Christmas!
We had such a great time tonight. I hope you both have a very Christmas tomorrow. We love you all very much!
Post a Comment