Thursday, October 8, 2009

Caleb's "Almost" Big-Boy Room

Here it is...Caleb is SO PROUD of his new room! Whenever anyone comes to our house, he wants to take them to see his new room. He loves to put things back in their proper spot and will even go get his shoes out of his closet when it's time to leave the house.



He is sleeping in the room full-time now. Friday night was the first night he slept in there at night and when I turned off the TV to go to bed, I saw the nightlight from his old room glowing in the hallway and BROKE DOWN. Kevin awoke to a pregnant Mama literally weeping because my baby is growing up too fast (sniff, sniff). Like everything else, I am choosing to blame it on the pregnancy hormones. I think I have just about exhausted that excuse. ;)


Can you tell we're going with a transportation theme?


Oh, how I am so glad to get all of his books off of our living room floor!!!


The dresser, hutch, and chest of drawers in his bedroom was used by all three of my brothers and was purchased the same year I was born!!! Can you believe it went through 3 boys and still looks this good? We will move the coordinating twin bed into his room whenever we are ready and the time seems right...we are content having Caleb contained in a crib for now (and probably will be until after the baby starts sleeping well). There is also another twin bed that completes the set and the two beds can bunk once the boys get older. Kevin's parents let us borrow the crib in the room until we are ready to make the switch to the twin bed. :) Thanks to our parents for furnishing Caleb's room for us!!! The sham in front was bought at the Britches and Lace Consignment sale...on the half-price day! It is Pottery Barn and it came with a smaller sham and twin sheets!!! The quilt that will be on Caleb's twin-size bed will be the same as the sham in the back.

Caleb's "flying" airplane



The end of the curtain rod...just like Daddy's red truck!

We're not quite done with it. We still want to hang up his name and maybe order a quote/scripture to put on the wall. I think we'll wait to have the twin bed centered before we do that, though.

No comments: