Last Sunday night (Father's Day) was Caleb's very last bottle. We had stopped all of the daytime bottles at 12 months, but continued with the bottle before bed to ensure that Caleb got his necessary intake of milk each day. He didn't fall asleep with the bottle, so I didn't think it would be all that difficult to take away. However, I still seem to "plan for the worst" with any of these transitions. And once again, I am usually pleasantly surprised by how easy he adjusts! He asks for it each night, but we just tell him that it went bye-bye and that bottles are for babies and he is a big boy now. I don't think he really understands this, but he hasn't thrown a fit or even cried for it once! This makes me so much more at ease about the transition from our family of three to a family of four!
So, I have officially crossed off 2 items from my "To-Do" List before the baby comes. Yay! We'll find out what we're having on July 15th. We are so excited!
On Saturday my dad (who is a family physician) made a comment about how he thinks that Caleb is ready to be introduced to the idea of potty training. This really blew my mind...I really hadn't even thought about that since he is just now almost 18 months. But being the overzealous parents that we are, we took Caleb to pick out his very own potty. He chose an Elmo potty and he enjoys sitting on it for short periods of time. He hasn't actually gone potty yet (nor do I expect him to for a LONG time), but he sure does like his new talking Elmo potty!
Here are some pictures at the park:
And me a few weeks ago at 4 months (16 weeks)... I feel huge. And this heat hasn't been too fun either. Ugh!



1 comment:
You look great! And we were "overzealous" too...at about 16 months Sophie was saying when she was wet, so we ran out and got a little potty. She would only sit on it fully clothed for months and months. It wasn't until 24 months that she actually used it. :) But congrats on checking things off your list!
Post a Comment