Friday, June 19, 2009

a father's day project FAILED

So, I had this "bright" idea of wrapping all of our Father's Day gifts in plain wrapping paper with Caleb's footprints painted all over it. I figured the easiest way to go about this was to dip his feet in paint and then have him walk all over the paper in our driveway. Well...here's how it went. First of all, I dipped Caleb's feet in the paint and it scared him.

Then he didn't want to walk on the paper because it felt funny (I don't blame him...I have some weird feet texture issues myself).

So he decided he would walk ALL OVER our driveway instead! Too bad those adorable footprints couldn't have ended up on the paper.


We finally abandoned our efforts and settled for cleaning up and playing with the hose. Don't ask me why he looped it through his legs...



Oh, and the paint was much more permanent than I thought. So if you come to our house and there is blue and green footprints all over our driveway, you'll know why.

Sorry Kevin, Dad, & Dean...you won't be getting your presents wrapped in adorable toddler footprint paper (at least not this year). :)

1 comment:

The Boccias said...

I would have liked to watch this. :) At least you had a creative idea! Hey, when do you get to find out what you're having (if you're finding out?)