We finally did it. Despite the fact that my baby boy is called a girl almost daily (and other affectionate names such as "Joe Dirt" by Aunt Kellie & Uncle Brad), I have never had the slightest inclination to chop off his beautiful golden locks. That is, until this week when his hair was stringy, mullet-like, and just plain unruly. So, on Saturday morning we decided it was time to chop it off. I had planned to
trim Caleb's hair myself (thinking that if I butchered it we could just take him into a barber shop), but then I guess Kevin remembered my poor attempts at giving him haircuts with some clippers from Wal-Mart when we were first married and trying to save money, so he insisted on doing it. So here are some pictures and video from this momentous event. We put the Bumbo on the coffee table, stuck a movie in the DVD player (which is a treat for Caleb), and gave him a popsicle and presto! I'll be honest and admit that I did shed a few tears...not only was this a milestone in every baby's life but I absolutely ADORED his hair. He looked so sweet, baby-like, and adorable. He still looks sweet and adorable, just more like a big boy. Just another reminder that my precious baby boy isn't really a baby anymore!

Before

Daddy cutting Caleb's hair

We're finished!

After...the curls are gone!
1 comment:
He is adorable!!
Post a Comment