Thursday, March 12, 2009

Family Appreciation Week

It's after midnight and for the third night in a row, I can't sleep. I'm not sure why, but thankfully Daylight Savings Time is still working its magic and my precious boy is sleeping 13-14 consecutive hours so I can sleep in!

Tonight I attended our marriage class at church (unfortunately Kevin has class for his MBA on Wednesday nights so he isn't able to go with me) and was reminded by our minister that one of the greatest gifts we can give our spouse is to praise him/her in public. Since the internet has now become my "public" as a stay-at-home mom, I decided to take the opportunity via my blog. :) As I was laying in bed, I was thinking, "Why just stop with Kevin? I rarely take the opportunity to tell others in my family how much I love them without it being on a birthday card written 5-minutes before the get-together." Knowing first-hand what it's like to not be able to tell someone how much you love them just one last time, I decided I needed to make this a priority. So...I officially declare the next 6-7 days FAMILY APPRECIATION WEEK!

Besides, when I taught first grade it seemed like we had an "appreciation" week every-other-week (teacher--my favorite, secretary, counselor, bus driver, custodian, librarian, boss, etc). Shouldn't we tell the people that we love most in the world how much we appreciate them too...not just those that we work with?

Stay tuned...(and be sure and tell your loved ones how much you care about them this week)

"Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen." -Ephesians 4:29

1 comment:

Julie said...

What a wonderful idea! You are a beautiful wife, mother, and friend. Can't wait to check back!