Tuesday, March 17, 2009

To Dean & Donna: Two Wonderful Grandparents

First of all, I want to thank you both for raising such a wonderful son! I cannot imagine my life without Kevin...he is my best friend and so much more. I thank you from the bottom of my heart for raising him to have a soft heart for others and an open heart to God. I know that your example is a big reason of why he is who he is today. Thank you!

Also, I just want to take this opportunity to tell you both what wonderful grandparents you are! From watching Blake and Luke on Mondays and Thursdays to helping Crystal with the triplets to watching Caleb so that Kevin and I can go on dates...you barely have any time for yourselves! Most people might be a little overwhelmed with 6 grandchildren all 3 and under, but not you guys! You take time to enjoy each grandchild and to get to know their own individual personalities. You spoil them with love, attention, affection, and gifts. I am so thankful that Caleb will grow up to have such a close relationship with both sets of grandparents!

To Dean: You can carry on a conversation with anybody! You are so outgoing and always friendly to others. You take a genuine interest in the well-being of others. I think Kevin got this aspect of his personality from you! You also are willing to drop whatever you are doing and give someone a hand. You have done this for us on countless occasions with various projects on the house. You are always thinking of other people. Caleb loves getting to spend time with his grandpa! Thank you for being such a wonderful grandpa to him!
To Donna: You are also always willing to help/babysit at the drop of a hat. I can't count the number of times you have helped me with various sewing projects. You are patient with me when I don't know what I am doing and offer helpful advice! You are honest and love your family more than anything! You are so generous and have something to give us almost everytime we see you. You play, read to, hug, kiss, and love Caleb. He absolutely loves getting to spend time with you. I really appreciate your willingness to babysit for us so that Kevin and I can spend some quality time together. That gift is such a blessing! I am so thankful for you! Thank you for making me feel like part of the family!
I love you both and am so blessed to have such great in-laws! :)

No comments: