
There are so many ways that I could have titled this post: husband, soul mate, accountability partner, confidant, lover, sounding board, playmate, travel companion...the list goes on. The truth is, you are all of these to me and so much more. But the title, "best friend" seemed most fitting. You are the first one that I want to share my joys with, the first one that I need to talk to when I have had a bad day. You are the one who loves me in spite of my sensitivity and crazy emotions. You are the one who encourages me in my walk with God. You are the one who is calm and collected when I am totally stressed out. You are the one who knows when to bring me flowers and when I would rather have a Sonic Dr. Pepper. You know when to listen and when to hold me while I cry for no other reason but just needing a good cry. You are indeed my very best friend.

We have gone through many stages in our relationship together. From the early days of "puppy love" (and your gift of our sweet dog Sage) and wanting to spend every waking moment together (which we still love to do) to seeing you tear up at the altar on our wedding day. From fighting about whether we should get Advil or generic Ibuprofen in
Wal-Mart exactly 2 weeks into our marriage (our first fight as a married couple...you won but I still maintain my stance that Advil really
does work better)
to marching into the kitchen on the morning of May 15, 2007 to tell you that I was pregnant. From first sonograms to welcoming our precious baby boy into the world on January 18, 2008...we've done it all. From Zimbabwe to Jamaica and everywhere in between, you are the one that I want to spend all of my days with!

I thank God each day for the honor of growing old with you. I am still amazed at how we ended up together...I know it must have been His plan. I am continually encouraged by your genuine love for people (especially the elderly...when most other people our age ignore them), your desire to be a spiritual leader in our family, your pure heart, your
ungossiping manner, and your amazing ability to be a father to our son.

Caleb is amazingly blessed to have you as his daddy. You play hard and love hard. You have the uncanny ability to roughhouse and kiss him all at the same time. You shower him with affection. playfulness, and an abundance of love. I know that there is no one in this world that loves that little boy as much as his daddy (and mommy). You would do anything for him. Most of all, you pray for him and ask for God's guidance to help you be a Christian father. You are a living example of a Godly man and I am so thankful for you!

In the midst of clothing, diapering, wiping, feeding, chasing, entertaining, disciplining, cleaning, cooking, playing with and reading to our sweet boy...I often times don't have much left to give when you get home. On those days when your hours of work to support our family (so that I can stay home with Caleb) go unnoticed and unappreciated, let this serve as a reminder of how much I love and appreciate you! I know that in many ways our journey together has just begun and we will have our share of heartaches and hard times. Through it all, I want to be by your side...'til death we do part!
2 comments:
Ok, Jenae...you have me crying. This is by far the sweetest, most amazing tribute to my brother ever! I think we are so blessed to have you in our family as well. I know our family can be a little overwhelming at times and you do so well. We all love you so very much and are so happy that Kevin found someone like you to spend the rest of his life with. I thank God for you everyday and love you so very much. I am happy to call you my sister. With all of this talk about appreciating family I wanted to let you know how much we appreciate you!
Thanks honey that is so sweet of you. I love you very much and i enjoy every miniut of life with you. God has shown me favor by putting you in my life.
Post a Comment