
Mom: You are ALWAYS here when I need you! You are my very best girlfriend and the one who I call when I seek advice, counsel, or just to cry to because I feel like my baby doesn't like me anymore! :) You will drop everything in the blink of an eye to help one of your kids. Last week, when Caleb was sick and Kevin was out of town, you "slept" on my couch, helping me whenever Caleb got up at night. I don't know if I properly thanked you, but that's just it...you don't want recognition for the things that you do. That is your nature...A TRUE SERVANT!
You also have the amazing gift of hospitality (oh, how I wish I did too). Over the years, you have probably fed thousands of people! Your efforts helped to make events in my childhood so memorable. Not only our family vacations and activities, but also church and friend activities too. You sponsored ski trips, took kids to soccer tournaments (in addition to your 5), hosted youth group events, and had an annual Easter Egg Hunt which is a memory I will cherish forever. I am SO GLAD that you have decided to start this tradition again...Caleb will have such wonderful memories of Easter too.
As Caleb has gotten older, I am continually wondering, "How in the world did my mom do it with 5 kids?" I think God must have given you superhuman strength and patience! You take on every joy and pain as if it were your own (which is probably why you are getting high-blood pressure!). You "speak the truth in love." You are amazingly complimentary (your kind words almost made my cry this morning), but still tell me when I need to change my attitude about something (in a loving, gentle way of course). You love giving gifts to others and have such a generous nature. Finally, you are an INCREDIBLE "LoLa" to my son. He loves you so much and you constantly shower him with love and affection. I know that as he grows, you will be cheering him on at every sporting event and school function. He is so very blessed to have you as a grandma! I am so thankful for you, Mom. I want you to know how much I love and respect you. You are an amazing woman and a dedicated servant of God!
Dad: You have touched the lives of so many with the hospital in Zimbabwe and your own medical practice here! You are a dreamer and no task is too big for you to take on! These last few months, I have cherished the times that I get to spend with you working on Nhowe Mission stuff. I have realized just how much of an endeavor it is to coordinate such a huge humanitarian effort...and I don't even do near the amount of work that you do. I will forever cherish our trips to Zimbabwe together (which I hope to do again sometime...just maybe not for a few years). You have one of the biggest hearts of anyone I know and always extend a helping hand to those in need. You are such a hard-worker and use your God-given talents to the best of your ability.Seeing you become a Papa has been so fun to watch. I think it is has softened your heart even more! Caleb loves his Papa (especially when you have pens in your pocket) and I know that you guys will have a very special bond as he grows up! I love you so much, Dad. I am so thankful for your wisdom, optimism, and loving and generous heart. You are an amazing father, doctor, grandpa, and follower of Christ!

I am eternally grateful for both of you! I am so amazingly blessed to have been raised in such a loving and nurturing home with two incredible Christian parents.



2 comments:
This is a wonderful tribute to your parents. They are both truly amazing people. They have done so much for me throughout the years and continue to bless me and my family today. I am happy to say they are part of our lives. You probably could not count the amount of people your parents lives have touched. We love them dearly!
Your mom truly does possess the gift of hospitality! I remember coming to your parent's house for dinner many times during college and always feeling incredibly welcomed by her. And her cooking was always SO good. :-)
This was beautiful, Jenae.
Post a Comment